Well Established, Commercial furnishings dealership seeks Account Manager to grow volume within existing accounts and achieve and maintain client satisfaction.
The Account Manager will represent the company in the marketplace on assigned accounts and sales prospects while properly positioning products and services to gain business. The Account Manager is responsible for the execution and administration of all customer volume. The Account Manager plays a vital role in growing volume within existing accounts and in achieving and maintaining customer satisfaction. The Account Manager is responsible for supporting the business development activities of the company Account Executives and developing opportunities within existing accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Account Executives to support any deliverables required to secure new accounts. This will include researching solutions and preparing and forwarding proposals. Lead the response team to execute any bids brought in house by the Account Executives.
- Increase share of clients’ total dollars spent with the company. Broaden audience within assigned accounts. Visit accounts in person no less than once a week to further business and relationships, and grow the audience. Be responsive to requests; provide accurate proposals, leverage company vendors to further not only site share but overall product offering and asset base within the account. Increase service sales to existing accounts.
- Participate in the business plan developed with company management.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales and gross profit goals.
- Effectively qualify clients’ needs. Research best possible course for the company to provide unique solutions to clients’ needs and relay that information through effective communication to the team, and providing complete and accurate flight plans to design.
- Qualify scope for all installations not involving a Project Manager (i.e. stair carry, overtime delivery, direct to site, permits, etc). On projects where the company project manager is assigned, establish project parameters with PMs and maintain consistent communication and presence throughout the installation.
- Meet weekly with Sales Coordinator to review the dashboard, backlog and post project spreadsheets. Insure project status sheet is updated and forwarded to account weekly.
- Maintain knowledge and competency with the technologies chosen by the company to leverage sales efforts.
- Answer and follow-up on customer requests for products and services; develop and present solutions that effectively address the requirements of customers and prospects.
- Monitor client needs via the client website, stock reports and other available tools to insure the company solutions remain relevant to the current client needs.
- Communicate properly with the client and internal company teams in order to ensure customer confidence and deliver effective presentations and maximize company position with the customer.
- Respond to requests from co-workers to include providing information to clarify team errors when necessary.
- Provide Finance Department with necessary information so credit terms may be established. Communicate and support those terms with the customer. Provide internal assistance when needed with Accounts Receivable Department in the collection of outstanding invoices.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Have proficiency and growing knowledge of technology, furniture, product specification and industry trends consistent with company training and sales curriculum.
- Must have an understanding of company services offering and ability to sell services to client base. Should continually work toward enhancing knowledge of product offerings.
- Must be goal focused.
- Must possess a strong customer service focus and commitment.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to take direction, as well as work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.