Come join our seasoned staff of industry leading professionals, offering cutting-edge AV solutions to a wide range of industries. Seeking a Project Manager to oversee all projects from awarding stage through to completion.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overall communication and completion of each project, as well as, communication and project scheduling with clients. The Project Manager will coordinate the installation with clients, installation and technical personnel and any associated subcontractors. They will see all projects through from start to finish.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision of all personnel and activities on project site.
- Obtains and reads all contract documents including, but not limited to: bid drawings and specifications, contracts, project workbooks, subcontractor scopes of work and construction schedule.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to: contractual, financial, technical, scheduling, construction coordination, materials, personnel and scope of work.
- Coordinate all in house activities associated with project execution, including but not limited to: submittals, engineering, fabrication and installation, programming, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting.
- Create and manage project schedules.
- Function as the focal point for internal and external project communication and documentation.
- Coordinate activities with general contractor, construction manager, owner and other trades as required.
- Coordinate with Install Manager to schedule personnel for installation.
- Cooperatively manage and monitor the labor expenditures of engineering, fabrication and installation personnel over the course of the project and communicate any issues that impact profitability.
- Generate and/or respond to construction communication including, but not limited to: requests for information, change order documents, room readiness letters, delay or compression notification of theft or damage to materials, tools or vehicles, safety or injury reports, warranty information, material hand-off or inventory, punch lists, field reports, sign-off documents or other documentation as assigned or required.
- Proactively manage the change order process.
- Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors. Test or certify the performance of installed systems.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
Skills and Experience:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in the AV Industry
- CTS (Certified Technical Specialist) preferred but not required.
- CAPM, PMP preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible and self-motivated
- Must possess the ability to supervise and manage tasks and personnel to meet project objectives.
- Will possess a fundamental understanding of AV system functionality and installation process and techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical, personnel or other project realted issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acreobat and AutoCAD viewing or markup utilities.
- Ability to generate timely, concise and effective business correspondence.
- Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including, but not limited to: engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports or commissioning documents.
- Ability to create and maintain construction schedules.
- Ability to interact with employees, customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.