Innovative commercial furnishings dealer seeks sales leader to grow their market share within the A&D, commercial real estate , project management and general contractor communities.
This role will identify organizations and individuals who value a partner with the capability to meet their client’s space performance goals by leveraging architecture, furniture and technology products. The Business Development professional will become the influencer community’s trusted resource for trends and research related to work, learning and healing environments and tools to analyze and develop furniture, architecture and technology applications to support their clients’ space performance goals. While the majority of this role’s time is focused on developing relationships, delivering content and providing guidance on workspace solutions, the ultimate measure of success will be projects identified and won by the dealer’s associates as a result of the Business Development professional’s work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Opportunities, Prospects and Leads Develop local business relationships with various influencers; identify opportunities and prospects; contact appropriate buying influences; immediately follow up on assigned leads. Penetrate identified verticals and leads provided by management. Drive to close sales based on the business plan. Grow dealer’s market share with all available vendors and resources.
- Qualify Opportunities Prospect in the local marketplace for new furniture opportunities, as well as follow up on pre-established leads. Completely qualify opportunities to expend the proper effort to win a high percentage of opportunities. Leverage all resources to create strategic account plans (i.e. internet, business journals, stock reports). utilize sales tools such as Interconnected Workplace to qualify the client and incorporate other company disciplines to craft the best response to client.
- Business Solutions and Project Strategy Lead the project strategy process in the development of creative and innovative solutions to meet client needs in a differentiated manner. Collaborate with designers to provide solutions that meet client functional, aesthetic and budgetary requirements. Involve stakeholders in the development of a winning sales plan to capture targeted accounts and/or opportunities.
- Proposal and Presentations Develop winning proposals and deliver convincing presentations.
- Sales Quotas and Installed Gross Profit Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales and Installed Gross Profit goals.
- Transition to Account Management Team Effectively transition opportunities to Account Management Team. Create and maintain a strong working relationship with company managers and support staff to best leverage the internal company process.
- Product and Service Knowledge Maintain and enhance knowledge of product and service offerings. Stay knowledgeable and informed on workplace related issues and strategies, including but not limited to Interconnected Workplace, LEED criteria and other issues that affect a client’s investment in real estate and worker productivity.
- Customer Service Manage the day to day relationships with existing alliances which are assigned. Promptly report and help resolve customer complaints.
- Cross-Selling Work with other lines of business to provide cross-selling opportunities.
- Internal Customer Service Establish positive internal relationships by providing prompt and complete communication with company team members concerning prospective customers, bids, proposals, gathering credit information, assisting in the follow-up on delinquent accounts, etc.
- Vendor Relationships Interface with vendors and reps to establish strong relationships with company.
- Sales Meetings Assist with development of agendas for monthly sales meetings. Present relevant information during these meetings to include vendor presentations and possible trainings.
- Marketing Partner with Marketing to lead and help develop marketing initiatives/campaigns for new products and services by developing brochures, print media, electronic media and social media campaigns.
- Sales Technologies Maintain knowledge and competency with the technologies chosen by company to leverage sales efforts.
- Finance Information Provide finance department with necessary information so credit terms may be established. Communicate and support those terms with the customer. Provide internal assistance when needed with Accounts Receivable department in the collection of outstanding invoices.
- Community and Networking Events Become involved with local community events, jet trips, CEU’s and other activities to drive engagement and leverage sales opportunities.
- Other Duties Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications/Key Skills and Attributes
- Engaging Presentation skills
- Highly organized
- Patient internally and externally
- Ability to lead internal teams through processes to meet clients goals
- Clear understanding of the design and construction process
- Ability and desire to make connections with key individuals in the market
- Ability to understand high level trends in the workplace, learning, and healing environments, and to connect those trends to physical products and space design to help clients achieve their goals
- Ability to problem solve and assist clients, influencers, and internal teams in working through complex problems.
- High degree of ownership over individual work and outcomes with an understanding that much of the outcome is based on the BD Manager’s ability to lead the team in executing the work.
- Understanding of the importance of print and digital branding as well as crafting a customer’s experience in every interaction with the company
- Flexibility with work hours to attend early morning and evening events in Washington D.C. at least twice per week
- Bachelor’s degree