Established commercial furniture dealership, seeks Business Development Manager to focus on building relationships and influence new business opportunities in the influencer community: A&D, real estate and general contractors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop local business relationships with various influencers; identify opportunities and prospects; contact appropriate buying influences; immediately follow-up on assigned leads. Penetrate identified verticals and leads provided by management. Drive to close sales based on the business plan. Grow company market share with all available vendors and resources.
- Prospect in the local marketplace for new furniture opportunities as well as follow up on pre-established leads. Completely qualify opportunities to expend the proper effort to win a high percentage of opportunities. Leverage all resources to create strategic account plans. Utilize sales tools such as Interconnectd Workplace to qualify the client and incorporate other company disciplines to craft the best response to the client.
- Lead the project strategy process in the development of creative and innovative solutions to meet client needs in a differentiated manner. Collaborate with designers to provide solutions that meet client functional, aesthetic and budgetary requirements. Involve stakeholders in the development of a winning sales plan to capture targeted accounts and/or opportunities.
- Develop winning proposals and deliver convincing presentations.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales and Installed Gross Profit goals.
- Effectively transition opportunities to Account Management Team. Create and maintain a strong working relationship with company account managers and support staff to best leverage the internal company process.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of product and service offerings. Stay knowledgeable and informed on workplace related issues and strategies, including but not limited to Interconnected Workplace, LEED criteria and other issues that affect a client’s investment in real estate and worker productivity.
- Manage the day to day relationships with existing alliances which are assigned. Promptly report and help resolve the customer complaints.
- Work with other lines of business to provide cross-selling opportunities.
- Establish positive internal relationships by providing prompt and complete communication with the company team members concerning prospective customers, bids, proposals, gathering credit information assisting in the follow-up on delinquent accounts, etc.
- Interface with vendors and reps to establish strong relationships with company.
- Assist with development of agendas for monthly sales meetings. Present relevant information during these meetings to include vendor presentations and possible trainings.
- Partner with Marketing to lead and help develop marketing initiatives/campaigns for new products and services by developing brochures, print media, electronic media and social media campaigns.
- Maintain knowledge and competency with the technologies chosen by the company to leverage sales efforts.
- Provide finance department with necessary information so credit terms may be established. Communicate and support those terms with the customer. Provide internal assistance when needed with the Accounts Receivable department in the collection of outstanding invoices.
- Become involved with local community events, jet trips, CEU’s and other activities to drive engagement and leverage sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan with manufacturer’s Workplace Consultants.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Have proficiency and growing knowledge of architectural products, technology, furniture, product specification and industry trends consistent with company training and sales curriculum.
- Goal focused
- Possess a strong customer service focus and commitment.
- Must be able to take direction, as well as work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.