Come join our seasoned staff of industry leading professionals, offering cutting-edge AV solutions to a wide range of industries. Seeking an Engineering Manager, with a proven track record in AV systems Engineering to oversee all aspects of our Engineering Department in our greater Philadelphia office.
The Engineering Manager will oversee all aspects of the Engineering Department- engineering staff, engineering in projects, technical guidance to sales, interaction with equipment vendors and system design duties. They will also be responsible for programming control systems and assisting other programmers in the standardization of templates.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform client AV design.
- Provide sales and technical staff with technical support on both a pre and post sales basis.
- Define requirement for custom design projects.
- Provide high-end technical support for client projects.
- Assist sales and estimating staff by providing support with system design.
- Perform software design, implementation and testing for System Integration client projects.
- Lead software design reviews as required.
- Lead resolution of field code issues.
- Manage vendor relationships by addressing product updates, product problems and high-end troubleshooting issues.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies offered by the company.
- Assist with training internal technical or sales staff on new products.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills in handling the internal and external customer
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and possess knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills, which allow the successful completion of a project by a specified date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
- Possess, at minimum, a two-year electronics degree from an accredited college or university.
- InfoComm CTS-D certification favorable
This company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.