Major commercial furnishings dealership is seeking a Field Engineer to oversee the QC and commissioning process of assigned integration process.
The FE is charged with working with project managers, design engineers, control system programmers and contract installers to provide a complete, fully functional integrated audio-visual collaborative systems that meets all the functional criteria and specifications as documented in the project scope.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate and interface with project manager and client contacts during the integration process to ensure good communication and expedient problem resolution.
- Work with integration team to submit all redlined documents for “as-built drawings”.
- Work with implementation team, project manager and client to develop punch lists and updates as items are completed during final walk through or phase completion.
- Provides IP configuration documentation (IP Sheets) for all AV devices residing on the AV network.
- Work with implementation team or as the primary resources for:
- Configuring audio system setup, DSP and gain structure on all devices in the signal path.
- Manage all versions of DSP and control system compiled code (control) on the project server.
- Provide all configuration of video devices to ensure adherence to any EDID tables as applicable.
- Coordinate with the programmer to ensure that latest code version is stored on the project server.
- Tests and troubleshoot UI as applicable.
- Rack and build testing.
- Video Codec installation, configuration and testing.
- Assists technicians with field questions and clarifications.
- Responsible for completing commissioning QC checklists.
- During the sales cycle, performs technical site surveys to assist Sales and Design Engineer in providing an accurate design/proposal.
- Provide service (post installation) support as required.
- Provide training on AV systems to clients as required.
- Perform installation duties as required.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director of Operations.
- FE may also be required to travel to other areas as required.
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration and installation techniques.
- Demonstrable understanding of general AV system design and best practices.
- Skilled in the programming of audio DSP units from multiple vendors including BiAmp Tesira and Polycom Sound Structure.
- Skilled in commissioning and troubleshooting Crestron, Extron and FSR UI systems.
- Understanding IP networking and device configuration.
- Demonstrable understanding of integration and commissioning of Polycom and Cisco VTC end points. Understanding of software based VTC including Zoom, Skype for Business and Blue Jeans.
- Cabling terminating and testing knowledge.
- A current Avixa CTS highly preferred and CTS-I is a plus.
- Able to study towards and obtain CTS-I within 2 years of taking position, if not already obtained.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed. Most work will be done during normal business hours but there may be instances where after hours and weekend work may be needed.
- Able to travel as required. Most work will be in the New Jersey area, but there may be instances where travel out of the area is required. (Expense to be covered by company.)
- Able to balance multiple tasks at one time and to stay focused on the priorities.
- Must have excellent communication and client facing skills with propensity to provide “White Glove” customer service.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suites, experience with applications such as AutoCAD, D-tools and PlanGrid a plus.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record. Vehicle will be provided for transportation to job sites.
- Must have necessary “hand tools” commonly associated with AV System installation and integration. Company will provide other tools such as ladders, testing equipment, hammer drills, specialized crimpers, etc.