Seeking a Field Service Technician to join our team of industry leading AV professionals in the greater Philadelphia area.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for installing and servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure minimum down time and maximum performance. All installations and service must meet the highest quality standards, while assuring a professional and safe working environment. The technician is responsible for communicating system performance to the customer. They will be responsible for the re-installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic communication systems, including, but not limited to, Audio-Video Presentation, Pro Sound, Paging, Intercom, Security/Access Control, CCTV, and Video-Conferencing. Knowledge and experience in IT network communications is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer’s service related issues promptly.
- Responsible for the final hookup of electronics equipment for new jobs
- Tests and documents readings for customer’s systems
- Updates customer files
- Troubleshoots and repairs electronic components
- Responsible for handling on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis
- Trains and instructs the customer on the proper use of the equipment
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Responsible for operation of the following test equipment: Volt Meter, Ohm Meter, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Multi-meter, and Impedance Meter
- Assists with preventive maintenance of customer equipment
- Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items.
- Full compliance with company’s and customer’s safety program
- Research and obtain information on service contract opportunities
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a two-year electronics degree or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- Will possess a working knowledge of audio, video, control and communications systems is required. Audio, video conferencing, or control equipment manufacturer certifications a plus.
- (Polycom / AMX / Crestron / NEC / Bi-AMP / etc)