Global Office Furnishings Manufacturer seeks high-performing front-line sales person focused on selling to the Federal Government.
Strong networking skills required to develop business directly with federal government agencies, related procurement agencies, influencers such as A&D/A&E firms, GC’s and military engineers. This position offers the opportunity to lead the selling process and co-develop selling strategies with local dealers. A background in selling to the federal government or military is desirable.
Must have demonstrated outstanding sales ability and have a sustained record of sales achievement. Requires complete knowledge of the organization’s policies, products and services and have an understanding of the company’s GSA schedule. Responsible for selling company solutions.
The chosen candidate must be capable of managing complex situations that transcend territory boundaries. This position also requires the ability to be very involved in the RFP process and perform various responsibilities: responding to technical specifications, suggest product application and overall dealer integration.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Expert interpersonal skills with coaching and mentoring capabilities.
- Self-motivated, self directed and willing to accept responsibility for results.
- Knowledge of the federal government buying process.
- Sets high goals and standards for self and others in the organization.
- Self-starter; committed to excellence: accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Extensive managerial skills are necessary for coordination of large projects using a multi-disciplined team approach.
- Comfortable in leading and developing complex RFP responses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Business related degree or equivalent experience required.
- This is a lead sales professional position with a minimum 5-10 years experience and a proven sales record.