Seeking an IT Administrator with a strong customer focus to join our team of industry leading AV professionals at our Greater Philadelphia headquarters.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate working knowledge of telecommunications and data equipment, local and wide area network support procedures and installation and support for Microsoft desktop and server technologies. They should be familiar with (or have the ability to rapidly become familiar with) Mixed PC and Mac OS environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily hardware/software on personal and network computer systems company-wide.
- Develop database applications as needed.
- Provide and develop all required reports from company information systems.
- Provide personal training on all company hardware/software applications and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all system information is consistently backed up with a proper rotation to ensure data integrity and will work with individual branches on any back up issues.
- Enforce network system and data security policies consistent with the company’s policies and objectives and ensure their execution.
- Maintain corporate server.
- Work with the President and CFO to design effective and efficient network system and data security controls.
- Document company-wide information systems.
- Support end users in trouble-shooting software and hardware issues.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security.
- Assist in the ordering and installation of telecommunications, data systems equipment and cabling.
- Maintain a detailed, up-to-date inventory of licenses, users, procedures, policies and supplies.
- Review and respond to system generated security events.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of both physical and virtual computer servers.
- Manage anti-spam and anti-virus servers.
- Perform daily audit tasks.
- Tracking and resolution of support ticket tasks.
- Troubleshooting issues by reviewing logs, records and configurations.
- Monitor usage to ensure security of data and access privileges.
- Partner with vendors to resolve software and hardware issues.
- Assist in the coordination of special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving.
- Partner with Human Resources to support new hires, position changes and employee terminations.
- Stays current by reading, interpreting and applying information on technological changes and updates.
Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of audio visual and PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Possess working knowledge of SMART programs, as well as, Macintosh related hardware and software.
- AV Industry, Electronics or Computer certification would be desirable.
- Possess superior customer service skills to deal with the internal/external customer.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field required. Comparable work experience considered. Microsoft Windows certification preferred.
- Experience in working in a mixed PC/Mac OS environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Some travel required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.