Global Commercial Furnishings Manufacturer seeks strategic planner to develop, build and grow their channel and distribution with key technology resellers.
The Channel Development Manager will focus on managing partners in an effort to improve channel performance, profitability and their relationships. The chosen candidate will oversee the strategic and tactical plans associated with these partners and will be accountable for ownership of channel expansion. They will become the channel point person for further development initiatives. The Channel Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing plans to penetrate new market opportunities with a strong link to other corporate functions like New Business Initiatives, Partnerships, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Operations, IT, Order Fulfillment, Training, etc.
- Account and partnership management, utilizes a relationship based selling approach.
- Understanding of to-market strategies and strong linkages to sales, marketing and channel development functions with a strong grasp of sales processes.
- Demonstrated people leadership skills.
- Extremely effective at strategic planning.
- Able to lead complex cross-functional teams.
- Credibility with channel partners (including dealer network and experience with technology resellers) and key corporate functional groups.
- Skilled at handling complex business issues.
- Must be able to create a direction and processes to support the function in a very lean environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness developing and improving channel performance and profitability.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience setting up service level agreements and contracts.
- Knowledge and experience in setting up a pricing and sales incentives.
- Additionally, employees are expected to abide by all internal control and compliance practices.
- MBA, plus 7-10 years work experience within channel development and/or account management.
- Experience working globally with technology resellers (Synnex, Tech Data, Ingro Micro, Avnet, CDW, etc)
- Experience in partnering or working with technology product organizations.