Leading commercial furniture firm is looking to fill a New Business Development role in the NY/NJ market.
The chosen candidate will develop revenue and increase market share through identifying and securing new business accounts. This role will build the company’s customer base through securing business opportunities with new and competitively-held client accounts. In addition, this role will develop and implement a focused account strategy plan to establish new relationships and deliver world-class solutions and will be held responsible for meeting financial sales targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the company in the market, as an integrated resource for meeting business needs.
- Strong networking skills to develop leads and new business relationships.
- Strong sales planning skills, e.g. research and strategic analysis, problem solving and cost-benefit analysis.
- Determine and monitor the best data and people sources for early accurate information that leads to qualified opportunities.
- Create reciprocal relationships with sources of reliable information.
- Participate in lead capturing software for monitoring lead progress, calculating success ratio, and determining strategy.
- Share all information with company leadership and vendor partners to create more effective strategy for opportunity.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, design, architecture or communication.
- Minimum of 2-5 years related selling experience in generating and closing new business, solution sells, and account management.
- Contract office furniture or architecture and design industry experience preferred.