Leading commercial furniture firm is looking to fill a New Business Development role in the MD/DC market.
The chosen candidate will represent the company in the marketplace in order to position and sell products and services. This position will focus on building relationships and influencing new business opportunities in the influencer community: A&D, real estate and general contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales opportunities, Prospects and Leads– Develop local business relationships with various influencers; Identify opportunities and prospects; contact appropriate buying influences; immediately follow-up on assigned leads. Penetrate identified verticals and leads provided by management. Drive to close sales based o the business plan. Grow company market share with all available vendors and resources.
- Qualify opportunities– Prospect in the local marketplace for new furniture opportunities, as well as follow up on pre-established leads. Completely qualify opportunities to expend the proper effort to win a high percentage of opportunities. Leverage all resources to create strategic account plans. Utilize sales tools such as interconnected Workplace to qualify the client and incorporate other company disciplines to craft the best response to client.
- Proposal and Presentations– Develop winning proposals and deliver convincing presentations.
- Sales Quotas and Installed Gross Profit– Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales and Installed Gross Profit goals.
- Transition to Account Management Team– Effectively transition opportunities to Account Management Team. Create and maintain a strong working relationship with company account managers and support staff to best leverage the internal company process.
- Product and Service Knowledge– maintain and enhance knowledge of product and service offerings. Stay knowledgeable and informed on workplace related issues and strategies, including but not limited to Interconnected workplace, LEED criteria and other issues that affect a client’s investment in real estate and worker productivity.
- Customer Service– Manage a day to day relationship with existing alliances which are assigned. Promptly report and help resolve customer complaints.
- Cross-Selling– Work with other lines of business to provide cross-selling opportunities.
- Internal Customer ServiceI- Establish positive internal relationships by providing prompt and complete communication with company team members concerning prospective customers, bids, proposals, gathering credit information, assisting in the follow-up on delinquent accounts, etc.
- Vendor Relationships– Interface with vendors and reps to establish strong relationships with the company.
- Sales Meetings– Assist with development of agendas for monthly sales meetings. Present relevant information during these meetings to include vendor presentations and possible trainings.
- Marketing– Partner with Marketing to lead and help develop marketing initiatives/campaigns for new product and services by developing brochures, print media, electronic media and social media campaigns.
- Sales Technologies– Maintain knowledge and competency with the technologies chosen by the company to leverage sales efforts.
- Finance Information– Provide finance department with necessary information so credit terms may be established. Communicate and support those terms with the customer. Provide internal assistance when needed with Accounts Receivable department in the collection of outstanding invoices.
- Community Networking Events– Become involved with local community events, jet trips CEUs and other activities to drive engagement and leverage sales opportunities.
- Other Duties as required.
- Have proficiency and growing knowledge of architectural products, technology, furniture, product specification and industry trends consistent with company training and sales curriculum.
- Must be goal focused.
- Must possess a strong customer service focus and commitment.
- Must be organized.
- Must be able to take direction, as well as work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.