Established commercial furniture dealership seeking New Business Development Rep to manage client expectations, provide quality based products and knowledge of based solutions.
This position will be responsible for increasing market share and profitability by cultivating client trust through daily account oversight and commitment to “delivering perfect”.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Update client on new product offerings and market trends.
- Exercise value engineering when interacting with client.
- Work with Marketing Department to provide updated materials and information to client.
- Seek out opportunities for ancillary products and additional services to offer up.
- Provide prompt and courteous response to client inquiries, needs, requests, etc.
- Avail themselves to client for face-to-face meetings over general phone and email communication.
- Share company story and promote depth and breadth of resources they provide.
- Promote the unique capabilities, knowledge and expertise they possess to clients.
- Remain cognizant and prepared for any anticipated client needs.
- Possess an understanding of the competition for proper product positioning.
- Negotiate with vendors additional discounting then forward to management for increased profitability.
- Continually practice strategic social relationship building.
- Carry out forecasting and strategic account plan.
- Act as “quarterback” throughout the sales process by facilitating and managing all steps involved.
- Coordinate necessary actions as they are carried by the Sales Administrator or Project Manager.
- Monitor all reports (waiting, unbilled or aging)
- Mentor Junior Account Manager, if applicable.
- Supervisory responsibility may exist.
- Experience working in a dealership.
- 5+ years in the furniture industry.
- Capable of reading and understanding blue prints, CAD or construction drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Outlook/Excel/Word)
- Previous use of Hedburg a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Highly motivated, persistent and skilled negotiator.
- Plans and carries our responsibilities with little to no direction.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Handles deadlines and pressure with ease.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to motivate others.