Well established, commercial furnishings dealership seeks Project Manager to oversee all projects including consolidated interior projects, relocations and reconfigurations.
The Project Manager (PM) will represent the company in all matters relating to the project process including proposal generation, client relations, vendor relations, project start-up and project closing. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of assigned projects including but not limited to project planning, logistics plans, project schedules, estimating, resource allocation, proposal generation and job costing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate proposals and estimate labor for jobs.
- Review installation packages with designer team.
- Identify work orders’ original scope and communicate to appropriate people. Maintain clear and effective communication of project information to the company team.
- Assemble and transfer project documents to operations team or contracted resources as required.
- Coordinate site access requirements including security checks, building protection plans, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Track and coordinate all order activities as required to maintain critical project dates for direct ship and warehouse deliveries based on company guidelines.
- Generate and edit project schedules using Microsoft Project of similar format as required.
- Complete “Exceptions Report” and submit to appropriate team member. Complete punch list for all assigned projects within allotted time frame. Ensure the punch list is completed in accordance with company guidelines. Schedules walk-throughs with customers.
- Dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer requirements and expectations. Establish and maintain effective relationships with the customer.
- Ensure project profitability through accurate estimating, negotiation and job costing techniques for all applicable projects. Track labor costs during projects and make adjustments to minimize costs. Understand labor budgets.
- Represent the company in construction and project meetings.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with coordination of consolidated interiors projects including furniture, services and architectural products.
- Knowledge of Steeclase products a plus.
- Must possess a strong customer service focus and commitment.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Must be able to lead a project team and gain compliance with project direction and outcome.
- Must be familiar with construction drawings, terminology and practices.
- Must be able to give direction and gain compliance from furniture installers, movers and other trades.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in furniture project management or related field.