Excellent career opportunity as a Designer-Specifier in a progressive, form-meets-function environment.
Established commercial furniture dealership, with various locations, seeks a candidate strong in self-management, problem solving and personal accountability to join their team. The ideal candidate will offer creativity and innovation balanced with technical and project management skills. In the role of Designer, they will provide inspiration, creative and technical support to the sales/project team by participating in the interviewing, measurement and preparation of plans ranging from conceptual drawings to very accurate, detailed computer generated design and furniture layout specifications for sales presentations and quotations, order and inventory data entry, and installation activities of office furniture and related equipment in client facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create drawings in AutoCAD and/or CET (typicals, furniture plans, 3D’s).
- Check other designers specifications.
- Provide consistent updates to Design Manager and project updates to sales team.
- Maintenance of internal reporting systems, i.e. time sheets and project files.
- Adhere to deadlines of key deliverables.
- Prepare installation drawings and supporting documents (specs).
- Identify areas that need field verification and coordinate actual dimensions with final plan.
- Inventory existing product; incorporate in furniture plans and specifications.
- Create sample boards.
- Continuing education related to product updates and industry trends
- Finish selection
- Create specifications and .sif files (including key schedules and tagging)
- Revise drawings and specs (including .sif) when required.
- Assist with budget pricing.
Skills and Abilities:
- Interior Design degree from accredited university
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Some CAP and/or CET experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proven organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work hours as needed to support team and meet customer expectations.
- Train and/or mentor other designers.
- Minimal travel.