Leading commercial furnishings firm is seeking a Technology Sales Consultant to provide technical expertise for an evolving product portfolio of integrated technology solutions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the sales organization during customer engagements to analyze complex business or technology issues.
- Develop solutions- either independently or by engaging with other functional areas for support.
- Collaborate with marketing managers and advanced product development to extend and defend product platforms and influence new product development.
- Work with internal and external customers for service and troubleshooting plans.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of customers and their issues.
- Understand and create technical topology documentation that accurately represents tech product within the customer’s unique environment.
- Identify opportunities for and appropriately position integrated technology products with customers.
- Ability to speak knowledgeably (high level/conceptual & deep/technical) with customer IT audiences.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a succinct, understandable manner to a variety of audiences including executive level.
- Successful track record developing strong business results and relationships with all key audiences.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and willing to accept responsibility for results.
- Business savvy operating within a diverse environment of internal and external activities.
- Strong understanding of the IT/AV community and it’s business practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills; capable of breaking down complex technical issues into manageable tasks to be pursued alone or in collaboration with other subject matter experts.
- Skilled in consensus building and facilitation.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to work with Steelcase teams in the Americas, EMEA and APAC
- Ability to influence direction within the team and to persuade the others in researched areas.
- B.S. in Engineering, Information Technology or in related fields in AV signal management studies.
- Minimum 5 years in a related field. Proven selling experience.
- Experience with network management (Exchange/Domino Envirnoments preferred).
- IT or AV, including HD videoconferencing, as well as network technology experience.