Global leader in workplace solutions for offices, hospitals and classrooms, seeks Technology Sales Specialist to join their team in the Los Angeles area.
Responsible for providing technical expertise for an evolving product portfolio of integrated technology solutions. Supports the sales organization during customer engagements to analyze complex business or technology issues and develops solutions — either independently or by engaging with other functional areas for support. Collaborates with marketing managers and advanced product development to extend and defend product platforms and influence new product development. Works with internal and external customers for service and troubleshooting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to speak knowledgeably (high level/conceptual & deep/technical) with customer IT audiences.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a succinct, understandable manner to a variety of audiences including Executive level.
- Successful track record developing strong business results and relationships with all key audiences.
- Able to understand and create technical topology documentation that accurately represents SC product within a customer’s unique environment.
- Able to effectively identify opportunities for and appropriately position SC Integrated Technology products with customers.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and willing to accept responsibility for results.
- Business savvy operating within diverse environment of internal and external activities.
- Strong understanding of the IT/AV community and its business practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills; capable of breaking down complex technical issues into manageable tasks to be pursued alone or in collaboration with other subject matter experts.
- Skilled in consensus building and facilitation.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to work with company teams in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
- Ability to influence direction within the team and to persuade others in researched areas.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering, Information Technology, or in related fields of AV signal management studies.
- Minimum of 5 years in a related field. Proven selling experience.
- Experience with network management, Exchange/Domino Environments preferred.
- IT or AV, including HD videoconferencing, as well as network technology experience.